Hand in hand, we watched the sky,
Casting our dreams, as the sun says goodbye.
We glance up to see the setting sun,
Too preoccupied to notice, that our hands go undone.
I turn to him and start to stare,
as he looks beyond the orange sky and breathes in the crisp air.
He looks so different, when the light hits his face,
I cannot help but my heart starts gaining pace.
The stars pop out and twinkle in the moonlight,
as my mind revolves around this beautiful night.
I searched and searched in the starry night sky,
A star that shined as bright as your glowing eyes, way up high.
Who knew that this moment, would ever come true,
a simple little dream, long overdue.
It’s hard to let go of the memories we shared,
but me without you makes my life impaired.
But I get distant as I gaze deeply into the darkened sky,
as i ask myself why
I had to love you of all people in this world,
until time ticked and the truth unfurled.
I never knew what mess this would make,
a simple little gesture would put our hearts at stake.
I can’t go back because I fell for you so hard,
I try to forget but I know I’ll be left deeply scarred.
I drift back to reality and I see you gazing intently at me,
with a sad smile as you look right through me.
It seems like you know whats going to happen next,
as a tear runs down your cheek as if you were vexed.
I look away abruptly, too scared to look back,
as I’ll see the very soul of your heart, break with a crack.
You don’t know how much you mean to me,
But I just wish, that you’d understand and see…
That it hurts to love you when I’m just wishfully thinking,
realizing that I’m only living in a daydream, as my heart starts sinking.
That this fairytale beginning would surely lift me off my feet,
until we get to the end…the end…where we both retreat.
Started: Dec. 13, 2009
Finished: June 21, 2010
Decided to finally finish this poem…
I dont care who reads it, as long as I have this out of my system, as I just need to keep myself occupied at the moment…it feels good to write again tho. :D
50 Interesting Facts
1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” meaning “the best or nothing”.
6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.
9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
11. Dalmatians are born without spots.
12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
13. The ‘v’ in the name of a court case does not stand for ‘versus’, but for ‘and’ (in civil proceedings) or ‘against’ (in criminal proceedings).
14. Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.
18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
20. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
21. The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.
25. The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney.
26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.
27. Switching letters is called spoonerism. For example, saying jag of Flapan, instead of flag of Japan.
28. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
29. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
34. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.
36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.
38. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it
39. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
42. The average person laughs 13 times a day.
43. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys?
They are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Speak no evil)
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump.
47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.
48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!
wow that was a fun read. :D
taken with my SE w995 phone.
back & revived.
It’s been months since I posted my last blog entry, (I think?) But it’s been bugging me to the extent that I had to get on to tumblr and post something again. Besides, reading Karl’s blog made me wanna go back to it too! So I must thank my Husband, even tho he might not even care himself. Lol.
I’ve been feeling so refreshed lately, mainly because of a certain someone and also due to reality that I got a new book on Saturday! (Lovely Bones, to be more exact. :D) I dont know, Im just having a really good vibe right now, like something magical would happen, like me breaking bad habits and me getting back to being masipag again. He he. :)
I really hope this time that I can stick with doing a blog and actually UPDATING it daily. Not like..in month intervals, that’s lame!
tokyo love. :)
Arrival @ Japan : 7:20pm (6:20pm Philippine time)
Im finally on Japanese soil! The first thing I noticed while I touched the window of the airplane was how cold it was against the palm of my hand. After I took off my hand my handprint was etched onto the window. It feels so good to feel the coldness! Gotta get used to it tho. Im staying here for 16 days! Haha.
Difference between Japan and Philippines:
1. Its freaking cold, right now.
2. HIGH TECH MUCH? When ordering food they give you this ticket, and it blinks/vibrates when your order is ready.
3. Super clean. :)
4. Everythings backwards. Well not really everything, but the cars, the steering wheel is on the right side, and so on. Kinda like in Europe. :)
5. Guys here are hot. (Sorry husband, but I gotta say it. XD) They’re pretty much anime but in real life. I couldnt stop smiling when I saw a cluster of them all at the same store. Almost had a nosebleed just looking at them. Ate Nikki said how it was funny how everyone was “singkit”. Nakakatuwa daw. Hehe.
6. MAGIC TOILET IS LOVE. <3 Washes your butt when you press a button!
Well, I’ve been here in Japan for only…4 hours?
Let’s see how Japan is in the morning.
Good night world. :)
I was listening to a song the other day and I thought about what happened to me in the short 3 weeks of August..when it all started..and quickly ended.
My heart would pound wildly, whenever I saw his name on some random sign, or heard his voice on the phone. It was a different feeling. A feeling so unusual. Something unique and something in which I only felt with that particular person. That certain feeling where you’d sit daydreaming in the classroom, and once you think of a certain thing he said, you cannot stop smiling.
Some would say its a fling, or some would even say it was weird. However, even if what those people have said were true, I still can’t erase the memories and happiness in which I felt at that moment, away from me.
There are various nights, where luck was on my side, and I was able to talk to him on the phone and hear his voice from the receiver. There’s these instances in our phone calls wherein there would be a silence moment on the line, where all you can hear was the sound of each others breathing. After a few seconds one of us would giggle and say “This is too cute…” And it would resume to our hushed laughter and whispered conversations. Once one of us has to go to sleep, we’d softly say sweet nothings into the phone and end the call with a whispered “I love you,” at the end. After that , I’d walk upstairs with a smile plastered on my face and his voice saying I love you, ringing in my head as I tiptoed to my bed and reflected at how my night turned so happy and surreal. I ended up sleeping with a smile on my face and the safety of the simple words he said floating inside my head, as I dreamt of a time where we’d be both together.
The feeling of having my heart on my sleeve, blinded me and got me too careless, as I wasn’t prepared for having this simple happiness I havent felt in a long time, crumble and turn to ashes. He was gone as fast as he came into my life, with only the memories he left behind.
It’s been almost 3 months since we last talked … and it’s different. There’s no spark, no special feeling there anymore. No matter how much I want to be with him again, no matter how much I want to hear his voice..and no matter how much he has hurt me, I know that it will never come back, and the only thing to do is to move on.
It’s hard to have someone you care about live on the other side of the world.